Indian Cuisine with their immense variety, pungent taste, spicy nature and tangy appeal has carved a niche all across the world. Owing to its aesthetic appeal, the cuisines of India are applauded by people all over the world. Down the centuries, the Indian spices have always enticed the sea-farers and explorers set foot on this land and carry away huge quantities to their homelands and markets all over the world.
Day 01 : Welcome to Delhi
Arrive at Delhi airport and transfer to hotel. Night stay at hotel.
Day 02 : Old Delhi Delight
Breakfast and then enjoy heritage walk at Old Delhi. Visit Chandni Chowk and Red Fort. Also visit the world famous spice market Khari Baoli. Then have lunch at the paranthe wali gali- the famous street. Enjoy welcome drinks followed by starters. The main course includes lentils, curries, seasonal vegetables, papaddums, parantha, pickels and salad. The relish a sweet dessert. Then proceed to home stay and catch up some Indian cooking tips for a delicious Indian lunch. Get to know more about the Indian way of cooking and lifestyle. Then get ready for a cooking learning session and know about various Indian cuisine staples and breads. Get back to hotel and for dinner and night stay.
Day 03 : Delhi To Dharamshala By Flight
Breakfast and catch your flight to Dharamsala. Upon arrival transfer to Clouds End Villa. Relax. Enjoy your afternoon at nearby McLeodganj. Lunch at hotel. Then pay a call to monastery and local markets. Get back to hotel for cooking class in the evening, which comprises various demonstrations of simple Indian meals with the head chef and cooks. Enjoy cocktail dinner at hotel followed by night stay.
Day 04 : Visit Kangra Valley
Post breakfast. Proceed to Kangra and visit its famous Fort and Jain temple. Enjoy lunch at a local home. Learn a bit about the Pahari (Himalayan) way of cooking. Then get back to hotel. Rest time free for leisure. Cocktail dinner followed by overnight stay at hotel.
Day 05 : Dharamshala To Amritsar By Road
Breakfast and proceed to Amritsar. Post arrival check-into a boutique hotel. Have lunch and then proceed to Amritsar sightseeing tour. Visit the famous Golden Temple. Have dinner at a Punjabi restaurant. Enjoy tandoori food. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 06 : In Amritsar
Morning free for leisure. About lunchtime, visit your host's home for cooking class & your lunch. Learn making tadka (fried spices) and cook a three-course meal. Also learn how to make chapatis & naans. After the cooking classes proceed towards Wagah Border for the Beating The Retreat ceremony. After enjoying the ceremony get back to hotel for dinner & night stay.
Day 07 : Amritsar To Delhi By Flight / Delhi To Jaipur By Road
Post breakfast leave for airport to board a flight for Delhi. After arrival have lunch and proceed towards Jaipur. Check-into Alsiser Haveli Mandawa. Dinner & night long stay at hotel.
Day 08 : Jaipur Sightseeing
Set off for full day Jaipur sightseeing tour after breakfast. Visit Amber fort (enjoy elephant ride), city palace & museum, Wind Palace and Jal Mahal. Have lunch and then check-into hotel. Rest of the time at leisure. Night at hotel.
Day 09 : Jaipur To Agra By Road
Breakfast and then check-out for Agra. En route enjoy lunch and visit Fatehpur Sikri. Evening arrival at Agra. Check-into hotel. Unwind. Night at hotel.
Day 10 : Taj Mahal Tour
Early morning visit to Taj Mahal. Return to hotel for breakfast and then take on sightseeing tour and visit Itmad ud dulah and Agra Red Fort. Then proceed towards your cooking classes followed by lunch.
Day 11 : Agra To Lucknow By Train
Leave for railway station and board your train to Lucknow. Arrive & transfer to hotel. Have lunch. Afternoon free for leisure. In the evening, you visit a local market of Kebab, spice and fresh vegetables. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
Day 12 : Lucknow
Breakfast and then set-out for Lucknow city tour. Visit Imanbara, Picture Gallery and Jama Masjid. Enjoy lunch at an Indian restaurant. Get back to hotel. Explore the roadside eateries of Lucknow or you can also enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. Get back to hotel for dinner & night stay at hotel.
Day 13 : Lucknow To Kolkata By Flight
Leave for the airport. Board a flight to Kolkata. Arrive and then transfer to hotel. Rest of evening at leisure. Enjoy dinner at a restaurant and enjoy Bengali cuisine. Get back to hotel for overnight at Kolkata.
Day 14 : In Kolkata
Breakfast. Set off on a city tour. Visit the colourful markets, and sip a cup of tea at a food stall. Pass by the wrestlers warming up for an Indian wrestling. Board a ferrie and sail across the Hooghly River. Have lunch at a restaurant and enjoy coffee at the Old Coffee House. Rest time at leisure. In the evening visit Kewpies Kitchen for traditional Bengali Thali offered in terracotta bowls, on banana leaf & terracotta plate. Get back to hotel for night stay.
Day 15 : In Kolkata
Get ready for half day sightseeing tour of Kolkata and visit Victoria Memorial, St Paul's Cathedral, High Court, Marble Palace, and Mother Teresa's Mission. Rest time at leisure. Have lunch at a Bengali restaurant. Night at hotel.
Day 16 : Depart
Breakfast and then check-out for airport. Departure.
• Feast on authentic Indian cuisine - Northern, Mughlai, Punjabi, Lucknawi & Bengali
• Visit of narrow streets in the city where one can better understand the variety of cuisine in India
• Shop for local fruit, dry fruit & vegetables
• Cooking Classes with local touch
• Dine with Indian families
• Enjoy a elephant ride
• Visit the home of the Dalai Lama
• Marvel at the Golden Temple
• Walking tours of Delhi, Lucknow and Kolkata
Please Note :
• Hotel may change if unavailable
• Red Fort of Delhi closed on every Monday
• Taj Mahal in Agra closed on every Friday
• Scheduled as mention above may change in case of change in their services, strike, political issue, road or flight inconvenience
• Tour cost may change if big fluctuation in currency rate of USD = INR
• We request you to please visit all hotels websites before confirming this trip with us.. There are a few hotel which is luxury but most of the properties are nice boutique accommodation, which we have select for this special theme tour. However all the hotels are best in their category and providing the class of services.
Tour Cost Include The Following Cooking Classes :
• Cooking class in Delhi on Day 2 with expert chefs
• Cooking class in Dharmshala on Day 3 with expert chefs
• Cooking class in Amritsar on Day 6 with expert chefs
• Cooking class in Agra on Day 10 with expert chefs
Other Inclusions As :
• 15 Nights hotel accommodation on Sgl / Dbl / Tpl sharing basis
• All monument entry fee (as per itinerary)
• Services of English speaking guide cum tour escort throughout the tour.
• Local guide also will be provided
• Kangra valley tour in Dharamshala
• Wagha border visit in Amritsar
• Delhi – Dharamshala & Amritsar – Delhi & Lucknow – Kolkata airfare (economic class)
• Agra – Lucknow train fare (AC 1st class or chair car)
• Whole tour & transfers by AC deluxe coach
• All vehicle related expenses
• All taxes
Tour Cost Exclude :
• International flight fare & visa fee
• Tips to driver, guide & staff.
• Alcoholic beverages and sodas in lunch & breakfast
• Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature
• Any other meals, accommodation or services other than mention above
• Cost arising out in unseen situation